incase you are keen for something really sweet and so easy to make, these heart meringues are perfect. and we all know that the yearly day of love is on it's way so why not make some chewy meringues for you and your love.
what you will need:
heart shaped cookie cutter (or you could just draw little hearts)
3 eggs (only the white)
150 grams of fine castor sugar
pink food colouring
1. turn on the oven to 75 celcius.
2. place your baking paper out on a baking tray and take a heart shape cookie cutter and draw relatively spaced out hearts on your baking paper.
3. seperate your eggs and add three egg whites in a super clean bowl, if you have a kitchen aid or similar use that, or you could just use a hand-held electric mixer.
4. mix eggs, a drop of pink food colouring and a pinch of salt on high speed until light and fluffy.
5. slowly add sugar until super glossy and thick.
6. scoop the meringue mix in the shape of your heart shapes.
7. place in oven and bake for atleast 1 hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours, as soon as they are done switch the oven off and keep the meringues in the oven to cool, this will make them nice and chewy.
happy love. x
p.s. little bowls (pink and grey) and striped tea towel are both from country road.